Monday, February 22, 2010

Almost a Classic but What a Find?

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "That isn't a classic". But if you love Land Cruisers like I do you'll appreciate this find for what it is. About 4 years ago, I visited the home of a local collector in New Preston, CT. He has about 15 cars, mostly Porsches and Mercedes-Benz. That's why I went to visit his garages. I wanted to see some cool cars. But in garage number 3, parked in front of a low mileage 560SL (3,800 miles) sat this beautiful, fully equipped, 1993 Land Cruiser. In his family since new, it had accumulated only 62,000 miles and was PERFECT in every way. Again, if you know Land Cruisers, 62,000 is break-in miles for one of these beasts. I asked if he would ever part with it and the answer was a resounding NO!

Well, 4 years later, he calls me and says he wants to sell the Cruiser. I was there that afternoon with a check. Now, after selling my old red 1987 FJ60, I am back in the Land Cruiser family. This time with A/C, Sirius Satellite radio, disc brakes, ABS and the very rare front and rear diff locks. I am very happy.


2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Askren said...

Very nice... and from one LC lover to another, if you ever find yourself needing to sell this one, please let me know! I'd appreciate it. (Meanwhile, keep 'er out of the salt!) ;-)

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pig cruiser useless collectionwise you'd spraying over westfalias too huh. lol

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home