Friday, August 31, 2007

1987 Toyota Land Cruiser

This is my personal find! Offered for sale is one of the nicest, coolest FJ-60s available at a reasonable price! I bought the truck 2 years ago from a family in Southern California. It was their station wagon and it even had white wall tires on it. I had it shipped east to my home in rural Connecticut to serve as our country “special use” vehicle. That means I drive it for fun and occasionally hauling some stuff around town. My son drives it to high school most days and the kids say he has the coolest car.


Let’s begin with the negatives and get them out of the way. The A/C stopped working but I don’t really need it. The next owner can buy a used compressor and it will be fine. The carpets are worn. I have heavy-duty mats over them so I don’t see the holes. The rear carpet has been replaced by a carpet underlay material. Not a great solution but it works for us. The dash has a crack in it. It has a small oil leak (what a surprise). That’s it.


Besides running strong and being reliable, the car has a near perfect body and chassis. The benefits of life in California and no winters here in Connecticut. That means no rust now or ever. None. I believe the paint to be original. The right front fender may have been replaced at one time. There are a few small scratches and an occasional ding. Did I say no rust?


I’ve added a few great, expensive accessories. The seats are covered in Wet Okoele neoprene, two-tone seat covers. I have an ARB bull bar, pair of driving lights, Hella maplight and Sirius Satellite radio (by subscription only). I have recently added 2 OEM Aussie side mirrors that cost over $200.00 each and new hub covers.


The car goes mostly to the local Toyota dealer for service. We’ve repaired the power steering pump, air pump, brakes, Old Man Emu medium duty shocks all around and OME steering stabilizer plus 5 Bridgestone Dueler Revos (spare in new). I just had the oil changed at 143,387. The truck passed Connecticut emissions with ease.


Call me on my cell here on the east coast (203) 417-6856. SOLD and I feel sad. I loved this stupid truck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course like your website however you have to
check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to
find it very bothersome to tell the truth however I'll certainly come back again.

Feel free to visit my blog post :: shout

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home