Friday, May 12, 2006

The California Porsches Part 1: 1958 Speedster



These all belonged to a long-time Porsche fanatic and time-speed-distance rallyist. I married his niece in 1978; John died in 2002. I bought three of his seven Porsches from the estate and began the long process of bringing them back to life. So the cars weren't lost and I certainly didn't find them. John liked the Porsches but never quite had the ambition to get them running again. When one starting having troubles, he merely parked it and bought another.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn...I would love to find an old speedster behind someone's barn like this.

http://rustbucket.org

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I spoke to your brother in law a few months after your father in law passed and tried to buy 5 cars from him....I am happy to see they stayed in the family. I had heard someone came in and bought the whole lot...Good luck.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home